Sunless Tanning FAQs
Will it stain my clothing or other items?
No! Since organic color pigment is not a stain or a dye, it will not permanently stain and will wash out of any synthetic material. Many focus testing groups found that the color could be removed more easily than make-up on collars. No pre-laundering treatments were required.
How long will it last?
On average your sunless tan will last approximately 7 to 10 days. You can, however, extend your results by applying a gradual tanner daily or a self tanner once a week.
Does it wash off?
NO! Remember that the organic color is for application. The unique Dihydroxy (DHA) is what creates your tan. Just like a tan from the sun, the tan from this product will not wash off because of its new breakthrough formulation! Note: DHA is not permanent, so it will fade just as any suntan does, which is why a weekly application is recommended to maintain your tan.
Are there any harmful affects of this product?
Dermatologists will enthusiastically agree that tanning with a dihydroxy formulation is much safer than tanning for prolonged hours in the sun. Fake Bake is an organically based product that ensures a safe tan and promotes healthy skin.
BEFORE & AFTERCARE for Sunless Tanning Bronzer
In order to ensure the flawless sunless tan you are looking for we have a few recommendations for before and after application:
- Schedule your appointment for a time when you can go at least 8- 12 hours before washing or showering.
- With proper care, your sunless tan should last about 7 days.
The following tips will help you keep that gorgeous glow:
- Shower and shave prior to your treatment
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing so after your treatment you won’t have anything rubbing against your skin.
- Wait at least 12 hours to shower (the longer the better). Remember the initial color you see will wash off. The tan is actually the chemical reaction with your skin, so the longer the tan has to activate the better.
- Keep your skin hydrated after your sunless tan treatment but do not use an oil based moisturizer before tanning. This prevents the tan from working properly.
By using the guidelines above, you should be sure to enjoy a beautiful sun kissed glow for the maximum time.