With the new year many of us are adopting new changes and many of them are on our resolutions list for 2013. We know there is always the usual, do more yoga, lose a few pounds, cut down on the wine, bla, bla , bla, bla. This year resolve to the simpler resolutions that you can stick to. With one week already down in 2013, how are your resolutions shaping up? Focus on your wellness and goals that you can easily achieve. Looking and feeling better is always an attainable goal and all you need is a few easy changes to make that happen. To start what are your 2013 resolutions for beautiful skin? Here is our list to ensure you have that beautiful glow and spend 2013 looking radiant.
1. Always remove makeup before bedtime. It should come as no surprise to most that leaving makeup on can put you at risk for breakouts.
2. Make exfoliation a part of your skincare regimen. Apparently, the average woman has almost 30 layers of dead skin cells on her face. Who knew? If that isn’t reason enough to come see us for regular facials, then we don’t know what is.
3. Keep hands away from your face. Just think, throughout your day where you put your hands and what you pick up that could end up on your face.
4. Banish bad skincare habits and replace them with good ones. Of course this could mean many things, applying sunscreen, even in the wintertime, using a good moisturizer and so on.
5. Take advantage of multi-tasking, skin-loving makeup. Come see us for a beauty consultation and we will show you the best makeup for your routine, life style and schedule.
Share what your other top skin resolutions are for 2013?
We take such pride in the services we share
From nails and facials to waxing your hair
From a massage, to hot stones, to lots of other treatments here n’ there
To applying foundation to faces most fair
We whip up our potions of shimmery glaze
To color you over in so many ways
And take you away in our baths and salts
And even serve you a beverage or malt
We put you FIRST in all that we do
That’s why at this season we think about you
Your business is valued, without a doubt
‘Cause our clientele is what The Spa of Essex is all about!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Our heart aches for all of the people affected by this tragedy here at The Spa of Essex. There is no amount of words that can describe the feeling of sorrow that has swept Connecticut and visibly our Nation. My hope is that everyone will find healing and find peace within. Words cannot express the sadness that is felt for all of the community in Newton. Today at The Spa of Essex and this weekend we are all taking the time to reflect, to hug each other, to be with one another and embrace our families. Above all we hope the families directly affected can find solace and we are all sending our prayers their way. #prayersfornewton
Today marks the start of Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday will start tonight with the lighting of the first candle on a menorah, having fun spinning dreidel’s and eating delicious treats like potato pancakes known as latkes. This also means 8 days of gifts.
This year whether you are on the hunt for gifts for Hannukkah, Christmas or Kwanzaa, here at the Spa of Essex we have made it our mission to make your holiday shopping simple. If you are looking for a stress free shopping experience where you can find the perfect gift, we have made the process seamless.
Need some ideas?
- Go on line and purchase a gift card for that person that you never know quite what to get. Everyone loves a day of pampering and with a Spa of Essex gift card they can choose the treatment they would love to receive.
- Gift a manicure and pedicure, massage or facial. All treatments that everyone loves to receive. See our spa menu to pick the perfect treatment to gift that someone special.
- Shop our online boutique for our wonderful gift sets and many more amazing product lines that we carry. Don’t forget about the men, our online boutique also carries gifts just for them.
- Looking for a gift just for you? Don’t miss out on our monthly special treatments found right on our home page. Relax, unwind and re-rejuvenate before any holiday party or event.
From our family to yours, Happy Hannukkah and Happy Holidays!
American Express founded Small Business Saturday in 2010 to help small businesses get exposure during one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. By its estimate, more than 100 million people shopped independently owned small businesses on Small Business Saturday last year. This year we are looking to make Small Business Saturday even bigger!
Come shop at The Spa of Essex or at our online boutique and get the perfect gift. You are helping create jobs, your community and local economy. The gift cards are waiting, the perfectly packaged sets of makeup or salon products, we have it all. Gift a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure, a makeup application and there is just so much more.
Be sure to check out or website for our seasonal monthly specials that anyone is bound to love. Whether perfectly wrapped in a box or for a stocking stuffer, a Spa of Essex gift card will always bring a thankful smile. The beginning of Hanukkah starts on December 8th and we also have lots of gifts for all eight days.
Come start the holiday season with us and Shop Small Business Saturday.
Can anyone believe we have already had our first snow! It seems a long winter may be imminent this year. Time to get your skin ready for that cold harsh wind, dropping temperatures and from being dried out by indoor heat. Defend yourself this frosty season and come visit the spa to get your skin winterized.
Get A Facial
Facials are always super popular here at the Spa at this time of year. Not only are they relaxing, a facial is just the thing to exfoliate dead winter skin and leaving you with a fresh, glowing face.
Get A Massage
Massages are extremely relaxing and could be the perfect answer for de-stressing and unwinding, especially during the busy holiday season. A massage is extremely moisturizing and provides key hydration for your entire body.
Get A Body Scrub
This is the best way to exfoliate all that dry skin and leave you feeling like a brand new you. Afterwards you’ll be left feeling scrubbed, polished and like a million bucks!
Get A Spa Pedicure
We often think that summer is the only time we need to get pedicures because everyone can see our toes, that is not the case. Don’t leave your feet behind; they need a lot of extra moisturizing and tender care all year long.
Click here and book your appointment on line. It is fast and easy, that is one more thing to say “ahhh” about.
Greetings! Our heartfelt thoughts go out to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy, and hope for a speedy recovery to all. Especially for those that continue to be without power.
Looking for a warm place to come and relax? Come and see us at The Spa of Essex. We are happy to report that we are back up and running.
The last week has been a stressful one. For many it continues to be a difficult time waiting in the dark, trying to put their homes and lives back together from the wrath of Sandy. Our bodies are usually the ones that start to feel the effects of stress. Come and find relief with massage therapy or gift a massage to someone who you know could use one right now.
Did you know that massage is a very effective technique for controlling pain in a number of ways.
- Massage stimulants the release of endorphins, recent studies show that endorphins enhance the immune system, relieve pain, reduce stress, and even help with the aging process.
- Massage relieves muscle tension, spasm and stiffness, all of which contribute to pain. Tense muscles are usually deprived of oxygen, because the tightness reduces blood circulation to that area. Massage improves blood circulation and brings much-needed oxygen and other forms of nourishment. The muscle can then relax, and pain decreases.
- Massage confuses the body’s pain signal pathways to the brain before it can be perceived as pain.
- Massage can help pain originating from muscle tension causing head, neck, back and shoulder pain. The release of tightness and tension in muscles is one goal and effect of a good massage. Massage can also relieve pain associated with arthritis, injuries and recent surgeries!!
Listed are all great reasons to get your Massage today.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule your Massage with one of our experienced Licensed Massage Therapists today!
Book Online or give us a call at 860-767-7796.
Are you getting ready for tricks and treats? Are you preparing and carving your pumpkins? Today we want to highlight the uses for pumpkins and it goes far beyond having fun and carving them. Pumpkins actually have some amazing benefits for your skin, especially for fall and winter when our skin tends to get very dehydrated. Pumpkin, which boasts a potent supply of antioxidants, vitamins, and naturally occurring enzymes and alpha-hydroxy acids, is the perfect ingredient for getting radiant, glowing autumn-weather skin.
This is why here at the spa we carry Rhonda Allison’s Pumpkin Collection skincare kit. Loaded with vitamin A and beta-carotene – two powerhouse antioxidants the Rhonda Allison’s Pumpkin Collection offers a potentally, protecting skin against damage and supplying important nutrition for healthy skin.
We all want to look our best and the secret is nourishing our skin for every season. At The Spa of Essex we worked hard to hand select the best products for every season to keep you healthy and glowing.
Kit Includes the Following Products:
- Pumpkin Cleanser – 1oz.
- Pumpkin Rinse – 1oz.
- Pumpkin E Serum – .25oz.
- Amino Peptide Moisturizer – .5oz.
- Pumpkin Parfait Enzyme – .5oz.
Don’t have your skin look ghoulish this Halloween, order your Rhonda Allison’s Pumpkin Collection kit today!
Are you ready to relax and unwind? We thought you would be, so we are happy to let you know that it is Massage Therapy Awareness Week at The Spa of Essex October 21 – 27th.
Our purpose and intention is to introduce you to the Benefits of Massage, and to also expand your knowledge in the exciting world of Massage Therapy. Massage is more than ‘just a back rub’!!
Fall is in the air, and along with the change of seasons, we should all think about taking better care of our Mind, Body and Spirit to help us through the upcoming winter months.
The health benefits of touch extend beyond simple relaxation. Of course, the stressed-out among us have been proponents of massage for decades. But a growing body of research suggests that a massage is even better for you than you think.
Massage Therapy is not only relaxing, but it can also soothe anxiety and depression. Massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, resulting in lifted spirits and often lowering blood pressure. It can also boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which are involved in depression.
So stop procrastinating, and make your appointment for a tranquil and healing Massage Therapy experience.
We want to extend an invitation to First-Time Massage Clients, as well as those who have already experienced the benefits from massage, and who may want to experience a different type of massage. We will be featuring various massages, and offering a sampling of different techniques of massage. We encourage you to experience for yourself the wonderful difference a therapeutic massage can make in your life, today and everyday!
These customized massages are for Massage Therapy week only. Book your service today and experience the healing and restoring benefits of these onetime services for yourself!
In our next blog we will be discussing how Massage Therapy can help to diminish and/or relieve aches and pains in the body.
Take a deep breath……….R E L A X…