DeAnne and I were catching up via Face Time the other day, one of the many things we were discussing was how food can heal! We’re talking about real whole foods not processed foods. Some of you may know that DeAnne has been caring for her diabetic father and recently he has required more care. Since the quarantine began she has been shopping and cooking 3 meals a day, feeding him a much healthier diet. Well, last week his blood sugar levels were too low. During a virtual Doctors visit they resolved that his body no longer requires the amount of insulin he was prescribed. The doctor mentioned that his body is healing itself without medication and credited his healthier die. DeAnne says “If a grumpy old man can do it anyone can!”
For those of you who wish to feel healthier, more vibrant and energetic it’s as simple as what you eat. I’m not saying that it’s easy (sometimes those food cravings take a hold of you and you eat foods you shouldn’t, don’t fret just make the next meal a healthier one) but it gets easier with every meal you eat.
Here are a few tips you can incorporate in your everyday life to help your body to heal. Start by adding one! One a month, week, day or add them all at once. Whatever you can do.
- Drink 16 ounces of lemon/lime water every morning upon waking. (I blend a lemon peeled with the pith with 32 ounces of water). This helps to hydrate, purify and revitalize your body each morning.
- (I’m going to sneak this one in because it is so beneficial to your body) Celery Juice-yup, just plain celery juice nothing added-work your way up to at least 16 ounces a day. Start slow, celery juice can be a powerful and miraculous healing remedy and people are noticing the benefits it provides, such as clearer skin, improved digestion, less bloating, sustained energy, better mental clarity, weight loss, and stable moods, just to name a few.
- Remove all processed foods from your diet. Again, take it slowly if you need to but remove anything that comes in a package. e. Chips, Cereals, candy and frozen meals.
- Cut back on your protein consumption. If you eat the right foods you can get enough protein from your greens. i.e. Green peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Button mushrooms and asparagus. If you are able to save that piece of meat for dinner and have fruits and greens until then.
- Cut Carbs-I’m not talking about complex carbohydrates like fruits and vegetables, I’m talking breads and pasta. (Wheat is not what it used to be, it has been so genetically modified that the body doesn’t know what to do with it. It can also feed viruses in your body. If you need your pasta every now and again try rice pasta but it is much more beneficial to use veggie noodles i.e. noodles made from zuchinni, yellow squash, potato, sweet potato, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli stems, winter squash, beets turnips and radishes.
- Lower fats-Yes we need fat to live but we don’t need as much as we are eating. Fat can clog your liver and impedes its ability to cleanse your body. If you can, avoid any type of fat until lunchtime. (I wait till dinner and on some days I don’t consume any fat-I’m talking nuts, oils and proteins. I simply eat my fruits and vegetables all day).
I could go on and on about foods to avoid and foods to add to your diet and perhaps I will in the blog but for now this is enough to start you on your way to healing your body. Good Luck with your journey to wellness!