Fighting off the cold or flu? You and everyone else. This winter both came early and in full force. The Dr. recommends rest, plenty of vitamin c, lots of fluids, chicken soup and also getting a massage. That’s right no need to take a double take, a massage is recommended. In fact studies have shown that a massage can help reduce recovery time from a cold or flu. Don’t have it yet? A massage will also do the job at preventing it.
So how exactly does massage therapy help prevent cold and flu?
- It will help reduce the stress your body is under which in turn will help your body focus on fighting the infection.
- Get that circulation going, a massage improves blood and lymph circulation which helps fight off those germs and sick intruders from getting into your body.
- A regular massage all year long helps your overall health and your immune system stay healthy and strong
- Massages will get you to a level of relaxation which will also help you feel more rested and get a better night’s rest. More rest will also boost your immunity.
- A massage will also boost lymphatic drainage which can help relieve sinus pressure, head/nasal/chest congestion, stuffy nose, eye pressure, breathing problems, sore throats, coughing, headaches, body aches and neck stiffness.
- One massage to two a month will get you right on track to help you fight off the cold and flu this season.