Is your summer glow starting to fade? Before deciding to go to the tanning beds we have a wonderful solution and one that isn’t hazardous to your health and skin. Last week we introduced you to the wonderful Fake Bake line. A self-tanning line that won’t leave you feeling sticky, orange, with streaks and is not chemically based. Fake Bake will ensure you continue to have the beautiful summer glow right into fall and winter.
- Test your skin first 24-48 hours before applying the Fake Bake from head to toe. Just apply a small amount anywhere on your skin. This is just to be sure you do not have any kind of a reaction.
- Be shaved, this is very important because it will give you the best and long lasting results. Be sure to be shaved or waxed 24 hours before applying Fake Bake to make sure your skin is not red or irritated.
- Make sure not to have on deodorant, perfume, or other essential oils for the application. They may affect the results of your tan.
- Another secret to long lasting self-tanner is exfoliating your skin. Make sure to remove all those dead skin cells before applying the Fake Bake. This will prevent splotching and even coloration as well as making your tan last longer.
- Have you ever had dark spots from self-tanner and certain parts like elbows or knees? Avoid dark patches by applying a body lotion and keeping your skin well moisturized. Especially in those areas that usually get really dry, knees, elbows and heels.
- Have you ever noticed someone who looks tan and then their hands look orange and a different color? To avoid that look make sure to use tight fitting, disposable gloves.
- The best time to self-tan is at a night. This way you can take your time and get all the above steps done right. Follow all these tips and you are sure to have the best natural looking tan with Fake Bake.
- Within the first 24 hours of applying your Fake Bake make sure to avoid wearing tight clothing and where darker colors. This makes sure you don’t get any of the self-tanner onto your clothes and it won’t be noticeable.
- For 6-8 hours after applying avoid the shower, bathing, swimming and any form of water. Water will stop the tan from developing. Let the tan marinate and this will give you the best results.
- Exfoliate again 3 days after you have self-tanned. Getting rid of those dead skin cells will help the tan fade evenly. If need be you can re-apply as needed at this point.
- When you get out of the shower just pat yourself lightly with a towel so your tan won’t come off prematurely.
There you have it – everything you need for a healthy and natural looking tan.