Q. What is the difference between a Brazilian Bikini and a regular Bikini?
A. Brazilian waxes differ from regular bikini waxes because hair is removed in the front, back and everything in between. A “landing strip” is typically left in the front, but some clients opt for everything removed.
Q. How long does a Brazilian Bikini take?
A. For most, 30 minutes. Some may require more time , some may require a bit less time.
Q. Does it hurt?
A. Most definitely!!!! The pain does fade within seconds and subsequent sessions hurt less.
Q. What is the advantage of waxing over shaving?
A. Shaving stimulates potential hair growth and can strengthen the hair follicle. Shaving also allows the hair to re-grow the next day or in some cases the same day with a stubbly feel.
Q. What is the procedure?
A. Nufree Nudesse, a non wax so it never sticks to the skin, is used for this procedure. Nufree is applied a little at a time and removed with a strip. This procedure continues until you are hair free. While waxing, it is best to pull skin taught, you may be asked to stabilize an area with your hand. Finally, once you are hair free finipil will be applied, to cool and
Q. What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
A. Most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster.
Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible breakouts:
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sunscreen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loohfas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate you skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
- No hot bath or hot shower for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperature.
Q. How long should the hair be before I wax?
A. ¼ of an inch or full growth.
Q. How long will it last?
A. Everybody grows hair differently, however, for most it will last for two weeks clean. Four weeks is the average time between waxing.
Q. I get ingrown hairs when I shave, will waxing eliminate them?
A. For the majority of people, yes. However, waxing has its own version of ingrown that can be alleviated with proper at-home care such as manual exfoliation when you shower and daily application of finipil or tend skin.
Q. When should you not wax?
A. If you are on Retin-A, Renova, Accutane or any other skin-thinning product that is designed to clear the skin of acne taken topically or orally. Please refrain from using your moisturizer at least 24 hours prior to your treatment. You also shouldn’t wax if you have a systemic disease or if you are sunburned.